This year, we’re dedicating ourselves to analyzing, understanding, and improving the way Skyline operates. We’ve established our core values and created 2X, the plan to double our production. But we are not even close to finishing our improvements.
Next week, we will be holding our bi-monthly managers meeting to generate ideas and implement plans to continue to grow our business.
Our short term goal is to double our production, but our long term goal is to be a top 10 lender in the next 10 years. This meeting will be dedicated to learning secrets from our very best managers and making sure that everyone at Skyline can benefit from their experience. We want all our originators to have the resources and knowledge they need to reach their fullest potential.
As they say, a rising tide floats all boats. And to be the best, we have to bring out the best. We take this so seriously that it’s one of our Core Values! Get ready to take a great leap forward.
Humans are often visual learners, and that’s why video marketing has taken off in the last few years. Often, a short video is a great way to get your message across, but it has plenty of other benefits.
For example, did you know that search engines like Google actually prefer video to content to blog content and will rank it higher? And, videos are said to increase conversion by as much as 800%! Pretty powerful stuff.
If you’ve never tried video marketing, it could be a great tool to add to your marketing mix.
Here’s what you should know:
- Videos can be expensive to produce, but if you have a plan, they can be worth it. Don’t wing it, and know exactly what you want to get out of your video before you start the process.
- Storytelling is as powerful as ever. Connecting with viewers can yield better results than going for the hard sale.
- Write a script, practice it, and stick to it. Few people are as good at speaking off the cuff as they think. And with a limited amount of time, you want to be clear and get to the point.
- Think about keywords. How do you want people to find your video? What keywords should they be searching? Determine that before you write your script.
- Keep it short – 30 seconds to a minute. No one wants to watch a 5-minute video on FHA loans when the same point could be made in 45 seconds.
- Make the first 10 seconds captivating. Most viewers will turn off a video within the first 10 seconds unless something captures their attention.
Here at Skyline, we’ve made video marketing a priority. Give me a call or shoot me an email to find about how we can help you use video marketing to close more loans.
You’ve been hearing the platitude your entire life: don’t put all of your eggs in one basket.
And when it comes to generating leads, what works well today might not work tomorrow. That’s why it’s so important to diversify.
You’re probably already networking, cultivating referral sources, and working on your content marketing, but you might be missing paid online advertising, like on search engines and social media networks. And if you are, it might be because of the paid aspect of this approach. But as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
If you don’t know where to start, it can seem like overwhelming.
Here are some tips to get you going:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is entirely different from social media marketing. SEM is based on keywords and uses those keyword search terms to find people to show your ads to. On social media platforms, you can choose the demographic you want to target.
- If you’re new to both, start with social media advertising – it’s a lot simpler. Both avenues require research; social media platforms require research on your target demographic and if you’re running search engine ads, you should know what mortgage keywords people search and how often.
- If you’re just dipping a toe in, pick one platform (Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and set a modest budget, say $50 a week and try it out for a month.
- Set a goal for your campaigns. Do you want to generate leads? Or get traffic to a page? Or to get people to RSVP to an event? How can you measure success if you don’t know how to define it?
- Track everything! Be sure you have a firm grasp of analytics before you run any campaigns. There’s no point in spending money if you’re not sure what you’re getting out of it.
If you want to learn more about how Skyline can help organize your marketing methods, then give me a call or shoot me an email.
If you’ve ever wondered what sets apart great loan officers from less than great ones, you’re not alone. Whether you’re new to the game or you’ve got decades of experience, there is always room to grow. In this industry, there’s no such thing as a glass ceiling.
Being a successful loan officer requires a mix of instinct and knowledge. To get to the next level, these are the things you need to do:
1. Execute – To be able to accurately assess a borrower’s needs, you need to know how to complete an application from start to finish. Otherwise, how could you be a reliable resource and consultant?
2. Delegate – It’s about time you realize that no man or woman is an island. You can’t do everything yourself (even though you know how to). Rely on your team to do some of the heavy lifting so you can focus on closing more loans.
3. Automate – Technology is your friend and can help you in a million ways, from cutting down on your workload to keeping your organized. Take advantage of drip campaigns and email templates.
4. Personalize – No one wants to be one of a million. Every client should feel like a priority, and a happy borrower means potential for referrals.
No matter what stage of your career you are in, we could all stand to hone our skills. Interested in learning about how Skyline can help you practice some of these principles? Give me a call or shoot me an email!
Ever wonder what the future of mortgage lending will look like?
We’ve got a pretty good idea, since Skyline envisioned and created that future.
Imagine a mortgage process without any issues submitting documents. Borrowers can view the status of their loan from start to finish, giving them complete clarity on the biggest purchase of their lives.
The anxiety of financing a home is reduced, if not completely eliminated, and that means more satisfied and secure borrowers.
Clarity leads to speed and concision, which is good for all parties involved.
For loan officers, this means cutting the application process by 80% and perfecting digital marketing.
We’re achieving all these amazing advancements through our 2X digital platform.
Click here to learn more about 2X, and if you have questions, give me a call or shoot me an email.
Picture it: the week just began and you already have 10 tasks on your to do list, with tasks constantly being added to it.
But fear not; just because you are busy doesn’t mean that you’re doomed to a career of ever growing lists where nothing ever gets crossed off. With a little clever organization and these five tips, you’ll be as precise and efficient as a Swiss watch.
- Focus on one task at a time. It might sound counterintuitive, but multi-tasking means that you’re doing two (plus) things poorly. According to research, you aren’t actually doing two things at once. You’re just switching back and forth. It actually takes longer to do those two tasks together than to do them one at a time.
- Make a list. Lists help you keep things straight and make sure you never forget anything.
- Triage. Once you make your daily/weekly list, you can triage your tasks from urgent to tasks that can wait.
- Take breaks. It’s scientifically proven to boost productivity. It’s hard to produce great work when you’re asleep. Taking breaks cleans out your brain leaving you both more productive and more creative.
- Give yourself deadlines. There’s a theory that says that a task takes exactly the amount of time you have to complete it. So if you tell yourself that something needs to get done by 2pm, you might be more inclined to finish it by then.
At Skyline, we’ve got all kinds of tools to increase your productivity AND increase your production. Want to learn more? Give me a call and we’ll talk.
The concept of “2X” may sound mysterious, but it’s actually very simple… It stands for double your production.
How? That’s Skyline’s secret sauce. It stems from a combination of precision marketing, state of the art technology, and lead generation.
Over the years, we’ve perfected our precision marketing. We know exactly who to market to and how.
And we’re a lean, mean, loan closing machine. We can close those loans faster than almost anyone else in the industry with the intelligent Mortgage Platform®, a consumer friendly digital loan app that immediately engages borrowers in the mortgage process.
When it comes to lead generation, we teach you everything you need to know and even generate them FOR you. And we help you every step of the way to turn those leads into closed clients.
2X is our brand promise. At Skyline, we look ahead and we constantly work to improve. It’;s this aspirational attitude that makes our vision different. When others promise marginal change, we change the game by changing ourselves and taking our loan officers with us.
2X is for everyone at Skyline. It means twice the production, twice the commission, twice the clients, and twice the feeling of satisfaction that comes from knowing that you are doing laps around the competition.
It’s no secret that millennials don’t do things like previous generations, and how they handle finances is no exception, for better or for worse. But millennials aren’t the only ones blazing trails. If you analyze any group of people or generation, you’ll find unique trends.
It’s this individualized spirit that helps define the times, but it also makes it difficult to create any “one size fits all” financial plans.
You must consider a few important realities:
- This generation has debt and is concerned about it
- Many millennials and Gen-Xers feel financially insecure
- Planning for retirement is a major concern
- So is having adequate monthly cash flow
One of the most innovative ways to address some of these concerns is by offering assistance purchasing a home.
Many people, particularly millennials, feel that home ownership may be out of their reach, so having a program through an employer can help employees feel more financially secure and address apprehension about retirement in one fell swoop, all while achieving the quintessential ‘American dream.’
Programs like this attract talent and show employees how valued they are by employers by helping invest in their future.
Skyline can help set up a program for any company to help employees navigate through the home buying process, along with great financial perks. Contact us to find out how you can offer this program.
Source: paycheckdirect.com Jan 3, 2017